CIMA C02 | Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
Summary Overview of CIMA Paper C2
Even though Certificate in Business Accounting is an entry level qualification but still the proficiency level required is high and it challenges the students right at start.
Paper 02 under CIMA certificate is about Financial Accounting and even though syllabus has been defined to make it easier even for the first timers but it will be much better that students with accounting background will find it easier to get along with the syllabus.
CIMA C02 fundamentals of financial accounting paper takes candidates through conceptual and regulatory frameworks, accounting systems and control, and preparing accounting statements for single entities.
Major areas of CIMA C2 are:
- Conceptual and Regulatory Framework
- How accounting system is controlled
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Interpretation of ratios
As this is an introductory paper, students will not be required to draft financial statements but certainly they are required to have the knowledge of basic formats of financial statements and their content. Deep knowledge of accounting treatments as mentioned under regulatory framework i.e. International Accounting Standards is not required however, the standards that contain the formats of different financial statements like IAS 1 and IAS 7 are examinable to the extent formats are concerned.
Syllabus is divided into four major portions where each portion carries much to be understood. Students are advised that if they do not have any accounting background then it will be better to avoid self-study but definitely its a matter of personal opinion.
Examination is computer based
Check the relevant tabs above for more information on specific areas of CIMA C02 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting.
After completing CIMA C02 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting course students are presumed to have knowledge and relevant skills of the following:
- Why accounting is needed in the business world and who requires financial information and the ways in which financial information can be produced for different types of users.
- How financial information is presented in the form of financial statements. Also the qualitative characteristics of financial statements including the underlying assumptions.
- How business transactions are recorded and the accounting cycle of recording, summarization and communicating
- How accounting system and the information prepared by such accounting system is controlled, monitored and checked by external and internal auditors. Also how these auditors are connected with the entity and how the scope of their work is different.
- How financial statements are prepared and what are the relevant accounting concepts which are necessary to be understood for the preparation of true and fair financial statements. This probably is the biggest area of the syllabus and this is where all the knowledge acquired in previous areas will be concentrated.
- How to prepare complete set of financial statements from incomplete records
- How to calculate different accounting ratios and their interpretation.
CIMA C02 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Syllabus
Click on any of the following buttons to open up the syllabus of the related area.
Assessment of CIMA C2
Although it has not been disclosed that how many questions will be asked from each area but for guidance purposes the exam weight of each area of the syllabus has been disclosed:
CIMA C2 will be examined in 2 hours (120 minutes) exam
Number of questions:
Exam will contain 50 compulsory questions where each question can have more then one parts. As questions are compulsory all the questions are required to be answered with in the given time.
It will be a Computer Based Assessment (CBA) i.e. students will be examined in computer based environment where students will be presented with one question at a time and students will answer the questions using input devices like mouse and keyboard.
Exam will be objective in nature where majority of the questions will be multiple-choice. But this will not be the only style of questions. Other possible style includes:
- filling in the blank
- definition with missing word
- identifying a key issue e.g. advantages
- calculating a figure.
- diagram labeling
- identifying the key concept under a particular scenario e.g. inflation
Fee Structure Certificate in Business Accounting
CIMA C02 | Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Video Lectures
Access FREE CIMA – C2 video lectures exclusively available on this website. These video lectures give you all the tips, tricks and guidance to top your C2 syllabus and pass the exam with great confidence.
- CLICK here for CIMA – C2 related prep-tips video lectures
- CLICK here to suggest a topic for which you need a tip
- CLICK here to share your own tip(s)
CIMA C02| Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Revision Notes
Access FREE CIMA – C2 Revision Notes exclusively designed to memorize and grab key areas of CIMA C2 syllabus. These CIMA C02 notes can work with any official study text book.Access FREE CIMA C2 Study Notes
CIMA C02 | Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Practice Questions
Access FREE CIMA – C02 Practice questions. As past papers for CIMA – C2 are not available these practice questions can help in great to deal to practice different concepts examinable in CIMA C2 course.Access FREE CIMA-C02 Practice Questions Kit
CIMA C02|Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Mock Exams
Access FREE CIMA – C2 Mock Exams. These free mock exams enable you to check, test, stress yourself in every possible way so that you enter exam hall confident. These mock exams come in MCQs format and also include other types of questions.
- “Paper Based Exam” style mock exam
CIMA C02 | Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Exam Tips
Learn what tips, tricks and topics you must have studied before you sit for an exam. These exam tips specifically details important areas of CIMA C2 course.
CIMA C02| Fundamentals of Financial Accounting i-ask! | QnA
Whether it be a subject related question or a topic specific or simply need an advice on how to manage your studies.