CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting
Summary Overview of CIMA Paper C1
Even though Certificate in Business Accounting is an entry level qualification but still the proficiency level required is high and it challenges the students right at start.
Paper 01 under CIMA certificate is about Management Accounting and even though syllabus has been defined to make it easier even for the first timers but it will be much better that students with accounting background will find it easier to get along with the syllabus.
CIMA C01 Fundamentals of Management accounting paper starts from the scratch by building up the basics about management accounting and the role of CIMA in development of this vast subject. In this course students get familiar with the basic quantitative decision making techniques used by managers and how cost and management accounting can help manage the business by providing valuable aid in planning and control.
Major areas of CIMA C1 are:
- The context of Management Accounting
- Cost behaviour and breakeven analysis
- Standard Costing
- Costing and accounting systems
- Financial planning and control
Students are cautioned right at the beginning that CIMA C1 has a lengthy syllabus and needs time management if students are taking other papers as well. CIMA C1 requires a lot of practice and reading and both numerical and discursive proficiency is expected from students.
Syllabus is divided into five major portions where each portion carries much to be understood. Students having no trouble in understanding the technical and business English can take up C1 for self study. However, self-studying student should find someone to guide them.
Examination is computer based
Check the relevant tabs above for more information on specific areas of CIMA C01 Fundamentals of Management Accounting.
After completing CIMA C01 Fundamentals of Management Accounting course students are presumed to have knowledge and relevant skills of the following:
- What is management accounting and what are management information needs
- What are management roles and why planning and control is important in business environment
- How CIMA was formed and its purpose also what is the role of CIMA in developing management accounting
- What is cost and what are different cost accounting concepts including how costs behaves with varying activity levels and how this is important in helping management decision making process
- What is the concept of contribution and how marginal costing, breakeven analysis and cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis helps management in quantifying scenarios
- What are different costing techniques and how entities use them in ascertaining costs for different cost objects in different cost units. Also students must have general understanding of cost accounting ledgers and how they are integrated with financial accounting records
- What is standard costing and what is its role in planning and controlling management functions and business operations
- How budgets are prepared and used to forecast and take control actions in addition to standard costing
CIMA C01 Fundamentals of Management Accounting Syllabus
Click on any of the following buttons to open up the syllabus of the related area.
Assessment of CIMA C1
Although it has not been disclosed that how many questions will be asked from each area but for guidance purposes the exam weight of each area of the syllabus has been disclosed:
CIMA C1 will be examined in 2 hours (120 minutes) exam
Number of questions:
Exam will contain 50 compulsory questions where each question can have more then one parts. As questions are compulsory all the questions are required to be answered with in the given time.
It will be a Computer Based Assessment (CBA) i.e. students will be examined in computer based environment where students will be presented with one question at a time and students will answer the questions using input devices like mouse and keyboard.
Exam will be objective in nature where majority of the questions will be multiple-choice. But this will not be the only style of questions. Other possible style includes:
- filling in the blank
- definition with missing word
- identifying a key issue e.g. advantages
- calculating a figure.
- diagram labeling
- identifying the key concept under a particular scenario e.g. inflation
Fee Structure Certificate in Business Accounting
CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting Video Lectures
Access FREE CIMA – C1 video lectures exclusively available on this website. These video lectures give you all the tips, tricks and guidance to top your C1 syllabus and pass the exam with great confidence.
CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting Revision Notes
Access FREE CIMA – C1 Revision Notes exclusively designed to memorize and grab key areas of CIMA C1 syllabus. These CIMA C01 notes can work with any official study text book.Access FREE CIMA C1 Study Notes
CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting Practice Questions
Access FREE CIMA – C01 Practice questions. As past papers for CIMA – C1 are not available these practice questions can help in great to deal to practice different concepts examinable in CIMA C1 course.
CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting Mock Exams
Access FREE CIMA – C1 Mock Exams. These free mock exams enable you to check, test, stress yourself in every possible way so that you enter exam hall confident. These mock exams come in MCQs format and also include other types of questions.
CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting Exam Tips
Learn what tips, tricks and topics you must have studied before you sit for an exam. These exam tips specifically details important areas of CIMA C1 course.
CIMA C01 | Fundamentals of Management Accounting i-ask! | QnA
i – ask! portal lets you ask your question directly from our teachers.
Whether it be a subject related question or a topic specific or simply need an advice on how to manage your studies.