ACCA F7 | Financial Reporting (INT)
ACCA – F7 Financial Reporting is a major link between the introductory ACCA F3 and the final paper ACCA P2. Almost whole syllabus of ACCA F7 is computational in nature and does not involve theoretical concepts with few exceptions (where we discuss the role of accounting bodies in standard setting and another area concerning business combination). ACCA F7 carries the same concept as F3 and introduces more complex accounting issues posed in circumstances which professional accountants are going to see in real life while preparing financial statements. It also advances in Business combination portion and international accounting standards i.e. IASs and IFRSs are discussed in good detail. Practicing the computational aspects of the syllabus is a key to success in this paper.
Among principal aims of this paper, it requires students to learn:
- About the difference in conceptual and regulatory framework and how both of them help accountants to prepare financial statements.
- How accounting standards are set and who make them the due process to come up with standards.
- How financial statements are prepared for entities connected with each other in different group structures and their features.
- How financial statements are prepared of non-group entities. This is a carry forward topic from ACCA F3 with heavy inclusion of accounting standards and related accounting matters.
- How to prepare Cash Flow Statements under non-group situations considering the relevant accounting standards. This is also a carry forward topic from ACCA F3 but also introduces many of complex accounting topics and will be included while preparing cash flow statements.
- How financial statements of entities are analyzed and interpreted by the users of financial statements. This includes accounting ratios.
- Many of the accounting standards. Though the discussion will be moderate but the questions will consider one or more the standards in a given situation.
ACCA – F7 is examined through Paper Based Exam which lasts for 3 hours and 15 minutes out of which 15 minutes are just for reading the paper and students will not be allowed to write anything on the answer sheet. The paper will consist of 5 questions, all of which are compulsory, in the following order:
- Preparing a Group financial statements / extracts (25 Marks)
- Preparing a non-group financial statements (25 Marks)
- Preparing Statement of Cash flows OR Analysis and Interpretation of Financial statements (25 Marks)
- Any topic from the remainder of the syllabus (15 Marks)
- Any topic from the remainder of the syllabus (10 Marks)
ACCA – F7 | Financial Reporting Video Lectures
Access FREE ACCA – F7 video lectures exclusively available on this website. These video lectures give you all the tips, tricks and guidance to top your F7 syllabus and pass the exam with great confidence.
ACCA – F7 | Financial Reporting Revision Notes
Access FREE ACCA – F7 Revision Notes exclusively designed to memorize and grab key areas of ACCA – F7 syllabus. These ACCA F7 notes can work with any official study text book.
ACCA – F7 | Financial Reporting Practice Kit
Access FREE ACCA – F7 Practice questions. These practice questions can help in great to deal to practice different concepts examinable in ACCA – F7 course
ACCA – F7 | Financial Reporting Mock Exams
Access eX-clusive! FREE ACCA – F7 Mock Exams. These free mock exams enable you to check, test, stress yourself in every possible way so that you enter exam hall confident.
ACCA – F7 | Financial Reporting Exam Tips
Learn what tips, tricks and topics you must have studied before you sit for an exam. These exam tips specifically details important areas of ACCA – F7 course
ACCA – F7 | Financial Reporting i-ask! – QnA
i – ask! portal lets you ask your question directly from our teachers. Whether it be a subject related question or a topic specific or simply need an advice on how to manage your studies.Access FREE ACCA F7 QnAs